Account Executive @ The Wanderlust Group
Cambridge, MA, Newport, RI & Remote
Hi - We’re The Wanderlust Group (TWG)! We are a New England based technology startup passionate about connecting people with the outdoors and getting boaters on the water more frequently.
At TWG you’ll be an integral part of a small team, be able to make an immediate impact, and work alongside some of the most talented and dynamic people you’ve ever worked with. We believe that great culture enables great teams to do incredible things.
We are searching for an Account Executive to join our Sales team in Cambridge, MA and work to share the TWG product experience with marinas all across the country.
As an Account Executive @ TWG you will:
- Qualify sales opportunities for your pipeline through connecting with marina leadership (owners, manager, executive directors) every day through cold prospecting and performing discovery calls.
- Provide product demos that have been qualified by either you or your BDR with the goal of selling the marina on one of TWG software subscriptions.
- Discuss in detail the TWG product line, features & benefits of various products and use your position as a marina software expert to influence and close
- Describe the company, the tools, the use cases and the benefits to the marina
- Build lasting relationships with leaders at your customer marinas to put yourself in great position to upsell & cross-sell as opportunities arise through additional products and features
- Teach, train and mentor more junior members of the sales team
- Work cross-functionally with sales, marketing, operations and product teams to provide customer feedback across internal teams
- Have an unwavering focus and commitment to exceeding your monthly sales goals
We think the best candidates will:
- Love the discipline of selling and constantly be working to improve skills in the arts of influence, demonstration, teaching, persuasion and closing
- Be excellent communicators who take pride in describing complex concepts in simple, easy to understand terms
- Love technology and talking about the ways it can enrich our lives & strengthen businesses
- Love the idea of working in a small company & doing more with fewer resources
- Love data and measurement and be excited about having achievement goals to beat
- Be naturally optimistic and have the mental toughness to deal with lots of objections
You will work with, and learn from, exceptional sellers including our co-founder / CRO and VP of Sales to learn and hone your skills as a seller. While not a “management” position, the AE role within TWG is very much a leadership role.
We are a passionate group of outdoors people who believe deeply that our products will help connect people with nature, and with each other. If that mission resonates with you, we would love to start a conversation!